Estate Planning Resources
Free Estate Planning Legal Assistance
The University of Wyoming College of Law Estate Planning Clinic offers free estate planning legal services for income-eligible individuals. The Clinic provides the following legal services:
- Draft Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Advanced Health Care Directives (Living Wills)
- Assist in simple probate proceedings
- Provide general estate planning and probate advice
- For more information click here.
Estate Planning Information Bulletins
Series Title: Planning Ahead, Difficult Decisions
- Introduction to Estate Planning
- Estate Planning Checklist - Information to Assemble Before Consulting Your Attorney
- After a Death - What Steps are Needed?
- Wyoming Wills - Some Suggestions for getting the Most from Estate Planning
- Death Certificates
- A Walk Through Probate
- The Personal Property Memorandum
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Advance Health Care Directives
- Durable Power of Attorney
NOTE: The University of Wyoming Extension Financial Literacy Program has partnered with a Wyoming attorney to produce this series of publications related to estate planning. The bulletins are not intended to provide legal or financial advice but rather to give readers a more informed understanding of issues to discuss with family members, the executors of their wills, and estate planning professionals.
The American College of Trust & Estate Counsel has developed a series of videos regarding various topics. PLEASE NOTE: These informative videos help you understand the generalities of these topics, though they are not tailored to the specifics of Wyoming law.